Social Security Process
The Social Security Administration provides wage benefits and medical benefits to citizens who are unable to work because of a disabling condition. That’s the good news. The bad news is that the process of obtaining benefits is not easy. In fact, the process is usually long, bureaucratic and frustrating. It can include an initial application, a request for reconsideration, a hearing with an administrative law judge (ALJ) and even an appeal in federal court.
Our firm can help you understand this process. We can help you navigate the system to get the benefits you are entitled to, as quickly as possible.
Guidance And Representation Throughout The Process
At the Anderson, South Carolina, law firm of Smith & Griffith, LLP, our attorneys can advise you regarding all aspects of Social Security Disability benefits and help you understand the basic stages many applicants go through. We can:
- Explain what a qualifying disability is
- Evaluate your disability and develop a strategy with the best chance of success
- Obtain medical records for the initial claim or subsequent stages in the process
- Prepare the necessary paperwork and submit it to Social Security in a timely manner
- Explain what you can do if your claim was denied by Social Security
- Represent you in hearings
Get Advice From An Experienced Lawyer | The Consultation Is Free
Contact Smith & Griffith, LLP, for a free consultation about your disability case. We can answer your questions about applying for SSD benefits in Anderson, South Carolina, or elsewhere in South Carolina.