Hurt On The Job — Now What?
An injury at work can bring up many questions for you and your family. How will all the bills get paid in the coming weeks? Who will pay for all the extra medical care I need? Will I lose my job? It can be difficult to answer these questions.
The good news is that South Carolina laws provide workers’ compensation benefits to employees who have been hurt on the job. In addition, long-term and short-term disability benefits and third-party personal injury claims can be utilized in some cases.
A Law Firm Devoted To Helping Injured People And Their Families
Whether you or a loved one was hurt from a work-related accident or as a result of repetitive movements on the job, or other factors, Smith & Griffith, LLP, can assist you with all aspects of your workers’ comp claim. Our job is to make sure our clients are properly taken care of, both medically and financially.
Tell Someone Right Away | Don’t Wait To Get Medical Care
Every case is different. However, if you were injured on the job, certain basic rules will generally apply to you:
- Don’t fail to tell your supervisor or boss about the injury as soon as possible. Be specific about how, where and when you were hurt. (“My back hurts from lifting those boxes,” for example.) Make it clear that the injury is work related.
- Tell a trusted colleague or two about the injury, so you have a witness in case your employer tries to deny that you reported the injury.
- Don’t wait to seek medical attention. Ask your employer to send you to a doctor.
- Be specific with your doctor about what you were doing when you were hurt — and how it affected your body. Tell your doctor the injury is work related.
- Take pictures of your body if you have an injury that can be seen — such as bruising, swelling or stitches.
- Stay off social media (like Facebook and Twitter) about your injuries. Social media posts can harm your case.
- Talk to a workers’ compensation lawyer if you need legal advice. If you need legal representation, your attorney may be able to help you get compensation and avoid pitfalls that could damage your claim. We give free consultations.
When you are hurt, you know it. Get the assistance you need.
Contact An Anderson Attorney For Injured Workers | Free Consultation
Seeking an Anderson lawyer for workplace accidents? Contact us for help with your case. We will be happy to answer all your questions during a free consultation.