When An Accident Results In An Amputation
Losing a finger, a limb or another body part can be painful and traumatic. An amputation can affect every area of your life, including your ability to work and your self-esteem. It can happen because of an accident at work or another type of accident.
Physical and psychological recovery from any serious injury can take a long time, and it can cost a lot of money. At Smith & Griffith, LLP, in Anderson, we help injured clients and their families – including people who have lived through amputation – obtain maximum compensation, good medical care and proper resolution of their legal matters.
Help With The Loss Of An Arm, Leg, Hand Or Finger
We can represent you or a loved one if a serious accident has affected your family. If your case involves the loss of a limb, a hand, a finger or another body part, our attorneys can help you by:
- Listening to and understanding your situation
- Making sure you seek appropriate medical care, including care regarding prosthetics, if appropriate
- Explaining what the law says about your specific case
- Exploring multiple sources of compensation for your injuries and losses
- Addressing workers’ compensation claims, personal injury claims or other legal matters
- Advising you regarding what to say to insurance companies that want to get statements from you, or settle your claim directly with you
Every case is unique and very personal. Our firm understands this, and we are available to help. In some cases your injury may be complex and involve not only amputation but also a burn injury or injury to the spine, head or brain. We understand how compensation works and can work given the extent of your injuries and suffering. Whether the injury happened at your place of work or in car accident, we know what steps to take.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation
We know that devastating injuries can have a profound affect on your work, home and family life. We are here to help. We offer a free consultation and case assessment so that you can better understand how personal injury cases work, if you have a case and what we can do to help. Call 864-261-1912 or contact us online to get answers to your questions or to set up a free meeting.