Social Security Disability
The primary source of dependable income for many people who have worked in the past and then suffered a disabling injury or illness is Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI). The Social Security Administration (SSA) reviews claims for disability benefits based on a range of factors associated with the claimant’s work history and medical condition.
Unfortunately, many people with valid long-term and permanent impairments that prevent them from working face a very tough challenge getting their SSDI claims approved. Working with an Anderson Social Security Disability attorney who understands the criteria used, the system and what action to take if your claim is denied could make all the difference for you.
Social Security Claim Denial? Questions About Whether You Qualify For Benefits?
Along with workers compensation, Social Security Disability law is a focus for accomplished lawyer John P. Griffith. Mr. Griffith has helped numerous people in South Carolina get the benefits they need to be financially stable and live as comfortably as possible. He frequently coordinates workers compensation claims with SSDI claims and also represents individuals with qualifying impairments such as:
- Extremely serious diseases such as hepatitis, chronic pancreatitis, lupus, Parkinson’s disease, Crohn’s disease, heart disease and cancer
- Chronic, physically painful conditions including fibromyalgia, peripheral neuropathy, reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) and cystitis
- Thyroid diseases and disorders sometimes leading to obesity
- Chronic fatigue and other legitimately disabling conditions that can be more challenging to substantiate with medical evidence
- Severe back injury, spinal injury, brain injury and other major traumatic injuries
Do You Need An Anderson Or Oconee County SSD Attorney? Call 864-261-1912
This is by no means a comprehensive list of illnesses and injuries that may qualify you for SSDI benefits. Mr. Griffith knows what questions to ask in order to begin assessing your likelihood of success with your claim and considering viable strategies. For a free consultation focused on your needs, contact us today at Smith & Griffith, LLP.